At Last : The Competition Results!
First place : Explicit Simplicity by Melissa Thorne
Second place: Which Rose May Bloom? by E.J.Roberts
How Can Poisoned Head Help You?
Poisoned Head exists to help people cope with depression and other mental health issues through the medium of poetry. Poisoned Head is not a counselling service, but a group of people who have one thing in common: we are all dealing with depression or some other form of mental illness.
This site is primarily aimed at those living in Warwickshire, but anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
Based in Stratford-upon-Avon, Poisoned Head provides a coping tool that:
- Facilitates communication between participants through the use of poetry.
- Promotes a sense of self-worth and confidence through online publication of poetry, poetry discussion groups, poetry competitions and poetry performance groups.
- Promotes a sense of belonging through the online community and group meetings.
- Provides an outlet for pent up emotions.
- Provides a means of self-analysis.
- Provides a forum to share thoughts, feelings and experiences with peers.
Wherever possible, Poisoned Head works alongside experienced Warwickshire mental health organisations to achieve its goals to help people cope with mental health issues.
Please visit our About Us page to learn more of our mission and values.
If you have any depression poetry that you would like published on the site, please use the submission page. I do not judge any works (unless competition entries), and respect all submissions for what they are. I will, however, review works before publishing to ensure the site terms and conditions are adhered to.
The copyright of all works are retained by the author.
If you would like to discuss any of the depression poetry and prose on the site, or simply chat about mental health issues, please visit the Poisoned Head forum.
I hope you find the site helpful, and return soon. Thank you for visiting.